Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Don't judge my knowledge by my fitness

As a mother of five and a coach, I get the looks all the time. You know those looks like, "She's the coach? But she doesn't look like a coach?"  What the hell does that have to do with what I know about volleyball?  I absolutely love the game, I played the game for years, and I love learning even more about coaching everyday.  Just because I don't look like a fitness junkie doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.  It means I've had five kids and I put them first and unfortunately don't have all the time in the world to work out everyday.  



Yup that's the skinny me. Oh how I wish I could still be that fit again. But that was ages ago.  I'm a mother now, and I'm not obsessed with trying to get back to that size because that's just not me anymore.  I have more important things to worry about.  And yes I desperately need to work out more often, but I don't let it consume me.  Okay so I bake too much too.  I just have to accept it for now and try to find the time to get healthy and not worry so much about being skinny. 

That's me now. Chubby face and all. And I couldn't find a full body picture because I don't like taking them and I'm usually hiding behind my kids on purpose. hehe Nope I don't look like an athletic coach AT ALL. But just shut up, wait and see. And suck it when you realize that the shape of my body has nothing to do with my knowledge of the game.  

Peace out! 




2 comments:

  1. I really hope I get to meet you in real life one day cos when i read yr blogs i JUST KNOW that we have tons in common and will TOTALLY have buckets to talk about! lol This one is so spot on - yes I was skinny stick as a kid/teenager. Yeah so Im not now and it does bug me sometimes but then other times Im like...Im a super busy mother of five, get stuffed everyone who keeps commparing the me NOW to the me THEN! You're beautiful and Im sure youre a kicbutt awesome coach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lani I thought it was just me reading your blogs, laughing at the computer saying "me too!". If we ever meet I'm afraid the fab five and my kids and our hubbies would have to plan a whole day without Mothers. One day I'm hoping! But yes isn't it awesome seeing family after months or even years and still the first comments out of their mouth is "You're big now!" Gee thanks loving family. And they wonder why I don't come around. haha

      Delete